1. Purpose and Scope
1.1 Boundary Consultants Limited (“we, us, our”) recognises the importance to be transparent and explain how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information.
1.2 This policy is in compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) and does not limit any of your rights under the Act. Refer to www.privacy.org.nz. for further information.
2. Personal information we collect about you
2.1 Personal information we may collect is primarily provided directly by you, your authorised representative, or authorised third parties through communications with us (by email, phone call or letters) or when using our services.
2.2 Personal information we may collect from you includes:
- Your name
- Your contact information (such as address, email or phone number)
- Information of your use of our website (e.g. your IP address)
- Your interactions with us
- Your billing or purchase information
- Any other information or documentation necessary for business purposes
2.3 If you choose not to provide requested personal information (such as name, phone number or site address), we will be unable to provide certain services as it is impractical for us to work with individuals on an anonymous basis.
3. How we use your personal information
3.1 We may collect your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To communicate with you
- To conduct statistical analysis
- To bill you and collect money that you owe us
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
- For other purposes related to our business
4. Disclosing your personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business in order to support our services, including, but not limited to IT systems, Xero, WorkflowMax, email providers, a credit reference agency and Backup data centres
- Any other third parties (to support our services and for anonymised statistical information)
- Any other person authorised by the Act, another law or by you
5. Storage and protection of your personal information
5.1 We use third party providers to store and process our data, which may be transferred to, held or processed outside New Zealand.
5.2 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, unauthorised activity or misuse of your personal information.
6. Retention of personal information
6.1 We may retain personal information or files processed by us for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. It may be held for an extended period where required by law or regulation and as necessary in order to defend our legal rights.
7. Requesting access to and correcting your personal information
7.1 The Privacy Act gives you the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to request for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
7.2 To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com, 838 3109 or 1/22 Moselle Avenue, Henderson. We will require you to provide some form of identification (e.g. passport or drivers license) to verify that you are the person to whom the information relates, and to set out the details of your request or to provide a statement of correction.
7.3 We may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of providing you copies of personal information or correcting that information.
9. Contact Us
10. Changes to this policy
10.1 This policy was last updated on 20/01/2021.